Clarify your program’s mission and describe the role and responsibilities of the volunteer. Then, discuss the benefits of volunteering with your organization. Remember, the interview is also a chance for the candidate to decide whether the volunteer opportunity is right for them.
How do I prepare for a volunteer interview?
Volunteer Interviews: 5 Tips For Sharing Your Motivation
- Do Your Homework. The first action to take is simple: do your research on the organization you’re applying to. …
- Present Previous Volunteering Experience. …
- Share Your Genuine Reasons. …
- Ask Questions. …
- Be Positive.
What questions are asked in a volunteer interview?
General volunteer interview questions
- Tell me about yourself.
- What are some of your strengths?
- What is a weakness you have and how do you overcome it?
- What are your hobbies?
- List three adjectives to describe yourself.
- What are you currently reading?
- What is an accomplishment you are really proud of?
How do you answer why do you want to volunteer?
- give something back to an organisation that has impacted on a person’s life, either directly or indirectly.
- make a difference to the lives of others.
- help the environment.
- help others less fortunate or without a voice.
- feel valued and part of a team.
- spend quality time away from work or a busy lifestyle.
What do you consider your strength as a volunteer?
The qualities and skills that will help you be a great volunteer
- Reliability. Community organisations plan around volunteers turning up and people in our communities rely on the programs they deliver, so being reliable is a hugely valuable quality. …
- Interpersonal skills. …
- Ability to learn and learn quickly. …
- Problem Solving.
Can you tell me about yourself sample answer?
Sample answer for fresh graduates:
I’ve worked hard in my education and now I’m ready to apply my knowledge into practice. While I don’t have any real-life work experience, I’ve had a lot of exposure to the business environment. A lot of my courses involved working with real companies to solve real problems.
How do you structure Tell me about yourself question?
How to answer “Tell me about yourself”
- Mention past experiences and proven successes as they relate to the position. …
- Consider how your current job relates to the job you’re applying for. …
- Focus on strengths and abilities that you can support with examples. …
- Highlight your personality to break the ice.
What are some good words to describe yourself in an interview?
Words to Describe Yourself in an Interview
What are your weaknesses?
Examples of weaknesses on the job
- Inexperience with specific software or a non-essential skill.
- Tendency to take on too much responsibility.
- Nervousness about public speaking.
- Hesitancy about delegating tasks.
- Discomfort taking big risks.
- Impatience with bureaucracies.
Why are you interested in this position?
Example: “I’m interested in this job because I can see that, in this role, my skills could help solve this problem within your company. I also see an opportunity for me to learn and grow these skills, so we both would benefit personally, professionally, and financially.